Friday, June 1, 2012

Pork Adobo Recipe~ Wonderful!!

I am by no means a chef but I do love to cook and bake. I love being in the kitchen and I have been watching the Cooking Channel in my free time on most days. I have received several requests for my Pork Adobo recipe. So here it is!






Pork Adobo


2 lbs boneless pork ribs, cubed into decent bite sized chunks
2 cups water
1 cup apple cider vinegar (I use the Aloha Apple Cider Vinegar)
1/2 cup Shoyu (soy sauce) I personally use the Aloha Shoyu
4 or 5 bay leaves
Black Pepper
2 cloves garlic (or you can use a little garlic powder) 


**Note: You can also add fresh ginger root to give it that extra oomph of flavor if you like


I marinate the pork in the mixture for two hours before I cook it. 
Cook on medium heat. Add the spare ribs, cubed into 2 cups of water, vinegar, shoyu, bay leaves, garlic and pepper. 




After it comes to a boil, turn heat down to simmer for 2 or 3 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally. 
Do not drain the juices; On a bed of medium grain rice, drizzle the sauce over your rice and add the pork on top! 


Voila! You have a wonderful meal that sets your taste buds into overdrive!


Note: Cooking for 5 hours on low to medium heat causes the meat to be so tender that even people without teeth can eat it! 


The Final Product:





0 comments:

Post a Comment