Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ James H. Curnutt Petition

As I open my little treasure box today, what do you think I will find? Let's open it up and see what treasure awaits me! As the lid opens on the old, wooden box, it creaks open eerily, I look inside and am astonished by what lays before me. My hazel eyes are as big and round as the golden doubloons inside and worth more to me than I ever imagined. I am in awe of the beauty that lays before me. More than the doubloons worth, more than the shiny baubles winking at me with its' rainbow prism of colors. I see something. But wait. Do I dare? Tempting me to touch, but I don't. Instead I delicately pick up an old, printed document. Carefully looking at the text and just skimming the pages.. Why it looks like the petition I was seeking not so long ago! 


Many thanks to fellow researcher, Doris, for all the legwork and emails sent to connect the Cornett family with this document. 

















0 comments:

Post a Comment